Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Illustration For Spin

Photobucket

I was psyched when Devin from Spin buzzed me to do an illustration for the Reviews section. Spin was a favorite of mine as a teen and after sending Devin my stuff for the past couple of years I finally got a call from him. The album to be featured was Toronto's hard-core show-stoppers Fucked Up's new album "David Comes To Life". This band is nuts live and it was agreed that the illustration should feature them in the frantic environment of the stage.

Photobucket

Initially, I wanted the lead singer/savage Damian to be clutching his baby like I had seen in so many pictures but that got shot down. Also the raging expressions didn't really match up with the bands love vibe so I had to cheer their mugs up a bit.

The turnaround was pretty quick but Devin, as expected was fantastic with his direction.

Photobucket

No comments: